Chocolate Babka Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf Chocolate Babka , torn into 1-inch pieces (or 8 cups loosely packed cubes)
- 2½ cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 9 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar|sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar#about brown sugar|light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12.3-ounce) can dulce de leche ==
- 2 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place rack in center of oven.
- Line a sheet pan with foil. Set aside.
- Place bread in a 9" x 13" baking dish and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix milk, cream, eggs, sugars, cinnamon, vanilla and salt until well combined.
- Pour mixture slowly over bread.
- Set aside 15 minutes.
- Heat dulce de leche 1 minute in microwave to soften; stir half into pudding.
- Place the baking dish on prepared sheet pan;
- Bake 1 hour and 25 minutes (custard should still wobble when done).
- Remove from oven and swirl remaining dulce de leche on top. Allow to set.
- Serve pudding warm with whipped cream.