Chocolate Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce
- 4 slices bread
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 squares chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar|sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla Hard Sauce:
- 1 cup confectioners' Granulated sugar|Sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Break bread into small pieces. Heat 2 cups milk and soak bread in milk for 1/2 hour.
- Beat 2 eggs and melt chocolate. Add to bread. Mix in Granulated sugar|Sugar and vanilla.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Make sauce by mixing confectioners' Granulated sugar|Sugar with 3 tablespoons butter, salt and vanilla.
- Place in small dish and top with nutmeg. When ready to serve pour sauce over bread pudding. == [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/catsrecipes/ Cat's Recipes Y-Group]
Purchased from the Colvin Estate in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1989. Dated 1918.