Cream Rhubarb Pie
- Baked pastry pie shell
- 2 tb butter
- 2 c rhubarb; finely chopped
- 1 1/4 c Granulated sugar|Sugar
- 2 tb cornstarch
- 1/4 c cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pn salt
- Melt butter, add rhubarb and 1 cup Granulated sugar|Sugar.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Cook slowly, stirring constantly for 10 minutes or until Granulated sugar|Sugar melts and rhubarb is soft.
- Mix 1/4 cup Granulated sugar|Sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, cream and salt.
- Add to rhubarb mixture.
- Cook until thick, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into cooled patty shell|pastry shell; top with meringue and brown lightly.