Black-eyed Bean Pie
- 200 g black-eyed pea|black-eyed beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 stalks celery
- 400 g boiled potatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 250 ml vegetable stock /water
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp marmite
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Wash black-eyed pea|beans and soak overnight.
- Cook with bay leaf until tender (about 20 to 35 minutes).
- Chop vegetables press the garlic and cook gently together in the oil until just beginning to soften.
- Add purée drained black-eyed pea|beans and herbs and mix well together.
- Place bean mixture in a greased pie-dish and cover with boiled potatoes thinly sliced and dot with margarine.
- Bake at 400 °F / 200 °C / gas mark 6 for 30 minutes.