Lemon Coconut Candy
- 2 lbs. coconut
- 2 lbs. Granulated sugar|Sugar
- 1/4 burnt Granulated sugar|Sugar or molasses
- grated lemons
- Grate the coconut. Carefully brown the Granulated sugar|Sugar but control for over burning.
- Then carefully combine coconut and burnt Granulated sugar|Sugar to a little bit of water.
- Next, add 2 lbs. of Granulated sugar|Sugar and cook. When the mixture is just about done, add lemon and mix.
- Remove from heat. Next, pound the mixture well for five minutes. Flatten on to buttered surface.
- Cut out into square or diagonal shapes. Let harden.